JOURNEY · PLACE · NARRATIVE
Journey Place Narrative. The JPN Lab is a research initiative based at the University of Plymouth UK. To find this page again quickly our url is eserve.org.uk/jpn
JPN aims to:
– Draw on disciplines and methodologies represented by the fusion of social sciences, language, literature and cultural studies, heritage management, geography, history and business and management sciences.
– Embrace emerging technologies for knowledge creation and open access, including enhanced digital publishing to reach policy makers in reduced time frames and to enrich university teaching and learning practices (networks, mobile and wearable, collaborative, Web 2.0) .
– Explore narrative, film and literary texts and the discourses surrounding the formation of place knowledge, experience and value creation. This includes the written space and the practices used to share experiences and enjoyment of place.
– Use narrative knowing as a research methodology both during data collection and in the synthesis of outputs
Please visit the JPN LAB on ResearchGate GmbH to keep up to date with publications.
Previous webinars, walkthroughs and conference presentations at the JPN Lab
The JPN Lab has productive working connections with research groups and labs across the world:
The Center for Research and Sociological Studies (CIES) and RELACES (Latin American Journal of Studies on Bodies, Emotions and Society). The journal, RELACES can be found at this site: www.relaces.com.ar
The International Network of Sociology of Sensibilities (RedISS). In 2019, the fourth meeting was held in Paris-France of the International Network of of Sociology of Sensibilities (RedISS), at the University of Paris 7 Diderot. Please click on logo to visit RedISS blog for latest news of conferences.
SELVA (Society for the Study of Travel Writing in English), promotes studies relating to travel writing in the English language and tradition. Research in said tradition, widely dispersed in England and the United States, is not yet highly developed in France. This association, then, has as its goal to unite researchers, writers, and members of the public interested in such an exciting domain.
- Membership of the Scientific Council of research for Literature & Tourism at Lisbon University School of Management and the University of the Algarve.
- University of Paris 8, Travel writing teaching and research, online pedagogies.
- EU Kaštelir Project on Iron Age settlements and ethnobotany in tourism.
- ESIEA Graduate Engineering School, Paris.
University of Nantes, life-writing studies in education research, which has resulted in a published book on narrative knowledges in urban space.