JOURNEY · PLACE · NARRATIVE
Journey Place Narrative, the JPN Lab is a research initiative based at the University of Plymouth UK. To find this page again quickly our url is https://eserve.org.uk/jpn/
JPN aims to:
– Draw on disciplines and methodologies represented by the fusion of social sciences, language, literature and cultural studies, geography, history and business and management science.
– Embrace emerging technologies for knowledge creation and open access, including enhanced digital publishing to reach policy makers in reduced time frames and to enrich university teaching and learning practices (networks, mobile and wearable, collaborative, Web 2.0) .
– Explore narrative, film and literary texts and the discourses surrounding the formation of place knowledge, experience and value creation. This includes the written space and the practices used to share experiences and enjoyment of place.
11am UTC+1 on Wed 9 Sept 2020
Zoe Roberts talks through PhD methods. Free to register below
Please register or write to us below
Please visit the JPN LAB on ResearchGate GmbH to keep up to date with publications.
Previous webinars, walkthroughs and conference presentations at the JPN Lab
The JPN Lab has productive working connections with research groups and labs across the world:
The Center for Research and Sociological Studies (CIES) and RELACES (Latin American Journal of Studies on Bodies, Emotions and Society). Please click on cies logo to visit website. The journal, RELACES can be found at this site: www.relaces.com.ar
The International Network of Sociology of Sensibilities (RedISS). In 2019, the fourth meeting was held in Paris-France of the International Network of of Sociology of Sensibilities (RedISS), at the University of Paris 7 Diderot. Please click on logo to visit RedISS blog for latest news of conferences.
- Membership of the Scientific Council of research for Literature & Tourism at Lisbon University School of Management and the University of the Algarve.
- University of Paris 8, Travel writing teaching and research, online pedagogies.
- SELVA Société d’Etude de la Littérature de Voyage du monde Anglophone.
- EU Kaštelir Project on Iron Age settlements and ethnobotany in tourism.
- ESIEA Graduate Engineering School, Paris.
University of Nantes, life-writing studies in education research, which has resulted in a published book on narrative knowledges in urban space.